Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mark of Footsteps

Paradisos beach in Neos Marmaras, Sithonia, one of the most popular beaches in Chalkidiki. Stock Photo - 4990554 

"You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list.  The longer your list, the smaller your God."

I remember reading this quote sometime back and it has stayed with me since then. Whenever I tend to fall into the trap of worrying about things big or small; I make it a point to gather strength from this well-meaning advice. True, God is within each of us. If we realize his presence, we are not shaken by the deepest griefs that we encounter in our lives. Instead, we trust that our God is there to sort out hurdles, come up with solutions, show us the right path and guide us with His light.

This reminds me of a motivating story I read in Deepak Kapoor's website 'The Paths of Greatness Begins Here'-

 'Mark of Foot-Steps'


Footprints in the snow in the icy wilderness Stock Photo - 7369744

One person died. He went to heaven and met God. God showed him his entire life and the incidents happened at various stages in his life. The man observed everything very carefully and said, “GOD! You promised to stay with me in my materialistic life at world. But I have observed that there are two pairs of foot marks at all places and times I have been through whereas there is only one pair of foot marks in most difficult times, when I needed you the most. Why did you leave me alone in that difficult period?

God smiled and answered, “Son! How could you even think that I can leave you alone in the most difficult times? That one pair of footmark is because I held you in my arms, close to my heart.”

MORALE:
TRUST AND FAITH IN GOD HELP US TO OVERCOME THE DIFFICULT TIMES.


footprint on desert sand Stock Photo - 4212453 

No comments:

Post a Comment